At Safeenviro we are committed to the environment. We care about the planet. We feel a responsibility to leave it to future generations in better shape than we were given. It seems everyone has gone green or is getting there soon, but you could be botching your recycling efforts and not even know it. Plastic grocery bags are a little-known misstep people often make in curb side recycling programs. They not only impact recycling facilities financially, but more importantly, they create a safety issue for employees. When plastic bags are mixed with acceptable recyclable materials, the bags entwine in the equipment. Employees sort recyclables by hand and are in direct contact with every piece of material delivered to our recovery facilities. This causes unsafe conditions and downtime to clear the equipment. Plastic bags also contaminate and lower the value of recyclable materials when they are mixed. The good news is plastic bags can be recycled with the right collection system and processing equipment. Consider taking them to grocery stores, co-ops and retailers that accept clean, dry plastic bags for recycling. Look for specially designated bins usually located at the entrance of the store. Each year, millions of dollars are spent removing items that shouldn’t be in the recycling stream. You can help stop the clog and create new materials at the same time. Plastic bags and wraps can be recycled into plastic lumber that is used to make park benches, backyard decks and fences. Even playground equipment! this one small effort can make a big impact on recycling efforts. Thank you for keeping bags out of the bin! We make recycling easy Safeenviro is proud to bring our clean & green initiatives to homes, communities and businesses by offering single stream recyclables collection, as well as more customized recycling solutions for manufacturing, construction and other industry/business needs. What is single stream recycling? No sorting needed customers can mix all approved recyclable items in one container, eliminating the need to sort materials. Recycling is just as easy as using the trash can, so there is no reason to not recycle
YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS.
- Office Paper
- Magazines and Inserts
- Phone Books
- Junk Mail
- File Folders
- Aluminum Cans
- Plastic Bottles and Jugs
EVERY TIME YOU RECYCLE, IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
- Plastic soda bottles are recycled into fibrefill, fleece wear, luggage, picnic tables, benches, carpet, buckets and pipe.
- Forty recycled plastic soda bottles make enough fibrefill to stuff a sleeping bag.
- Aluminium cans are recycled into lawn chairs, construction products, aluminium foil and even cars.
- You can save enough energy to operate a TV for six hours by recycling just two aluminium cans.
- Newspaper and other paper products are recycled into writing paper, cereal boxes, paper towels, tissue paper and cardboard.
- Recycling one ton of paper saves 17 mature trees, 7,000 gallons of water, three cubic yards of landfill space, two barrels of oil and 4,100 kilowatt-hours of electricity enough energy to power the average American home for five months.
- We can easily put Mother Natures recycling system to work in our gardens by spreading yard waste around trees, shrubs, and other plantings. Some common mulching materials are grass clippings, green leaves, brown leaves and wood chips.
Plastic Bags Also Contaminate And Lower The Value Of Recyclable Materials When They Are Mixed. The Good News Is, Plastic Bags Can Be Recycled With The Right Collection System And Processing Equipment. Consider Taking Them To Grocery Stores, Co-Ops And Retailers That Accept Clean, Dry Plastic Bags For Recycling. Look For Specially Designated Bins Usually Located At The Entrance Of The Store. Each Year, Millions Of Dollars Are Spent Removing Items That Shouldn’t Be In The Recycling Stream. You Can Help Stop The Clog And Create New Materials At The Same Time. Plastic Bags And Wraps Can Be Recycled Into Plastic Lumber That Is Used To Make Park Benches, Backyard Decks And Fences Even Playground Equipment! This One Small Effort Can Make A Big Impact On Recycling Efforts. Thank You For Keeping Bags Out Of The Bin!
How We Think Green
Committed to the Environment.
SafeEnviro Is Proud To Bring Our Clean & Green Initiatives To Homes, Communities And Businesses By Offering Single Stream Recyclables Collection, As Well As More Customized Recycling Solutions For Manufacturing, Construction And Other Industry/Business Needs.